Feb 4, 2009

My Cat, Tooty

I love my cats. I also love blogging. This doesn't mean this will turn into a pet blog. This is my cat Tooty. She likes to play dress up sometimes.







Tooty has alwys been a cute, lovable cat who stays out of your way, and for some reason only meows when going to the *whispers* V-E-T.
Very recently, it's been as if we're starving her. Now, before you get on my back about how much food cat needs every day and animal abuse, we I take good care of my cats. They have dry food out all day, and they get wet food sometimes, too. Also, my cats are about 16 years old, and Tooty has not shown this behaviour until a couple weeks ago.


At first, it was Sissy ((Tooty's sister)) trying to eat bacon or part of an omlete off your plate. No big deal, I would just push her down and she'd pretty much go away. Tooty was never like this. She occansionally tried to eat bacon, but it was no big deal.


Lately, any time I turn my back on anything, Tooty will be on it in 2 seconds. Even if it's something a cat wouldn't even be interested in like pudding or pretzels. Even chocolate attracts Tooty. Also, if I eat anything, Tooty always tries to find a way to jump up and find a way to eat it. I push her off the chair? She just tries again. Even if I walk all the way into the next room and put her there, she'll come back. I'm pretty sure she's a mix of Wil E Coyote and "The Cat Who Came Back".


This wasn't a big deal for me. Lately, she's been getting annoying. She jumps onto the counter looking for food, goes in the sink even if there's nothing in there, drinks out of the toilet, and tries to open the garbage can. We had to put a dictionary on out old wood one so she couldn't knock the lid off. We even had to buy a new one where you push down on the step for it to open!


I would give Tooty a 6/10. I still love her, but she gets on my nerves.

2 comments:

  1. Both Gus and Pru act as if I should share every meal with them. They are so rude! They push each other out of the way to see who can get closer to my plate. I do sometimes give them a little nibble, but they act like they should get more. Annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my cat too, there are no pics of my on my myspace page but a million of my cats lol!

    Only one of my kitties, named Izzy, eats off (or at least tries to) my plate. She once came up and nabbed a big chunk of steak before I knew what was happening.

    ReplyDelete

Check Out