Feb 11, 2009

Girl Scout Cookies

It's that time of year again, no not Valentine's Day, but girl scout cookies!!
If you've never heard of these delicios treats, girl scouts come around to people's houses and go to the mall to sell cookies. Not just any plain old cookies like oreos, either. The types of cookies they sell are shortbread, carmel delite, daisy go rounds, peanut butter patties, and so many more. One of my personal favorites is the carmal delites. Right now at my house, we have 6 boxes of girl scout cookies!!
Also, buying these cookies is a good cause for girl scouts to win worthless prizes they'll never use again! Of course, there are some better prizes in the prize catalog but you have to sell about $200 to get them. That's a lot of cookies!

Girl scout cookies get a 8/10.

3 comments:

  1. Howdy Regan! I stumbled over here from your Aunt Kathy's blog. I have to tell you that I look forward to girl scout cookie time every single year. I became hooked on the Thin Mints when I was in Brownies myself. That was a LONG time ago. Anyway, I also love the kind that are called Hoedowns in one part of the country and Tagalongs in another part. I think maybe those are the peanut butter patties you are talking about?

    Oddly enough, I just wrote a girl scout related post before coming over here. I guess great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm raising a Girl Scout. So our house is full of cookies every single year. My scout sold about 300 boxes, even without my sales pitch I gave her.

    I planned to have her go to houses and say, "My daddy says if I don't sell a lot of cookies this year -- I won't get a Christmas."

    My wife said I'm horrible and my daughter didn't use my pitch. Too bad. She would have cleaned up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What?? I am so upset, I don't even know if we get girlguide cookies her in Canada anymore, they never come to the door.

    Last time I saw them they only had mint ones they were selling in front of Safeway. I miss the old fashioned vanilla ones, but OMG caramel sounds soooooo good! I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Check Out